This Diploma of Project Management course is for managers or leaders of projects who want to develop their skills and knowledge in excellent project management and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
The course is a combination of eight (8) one day workshops over 12 months and course work undertaken by participants usually as part of their own workplace projects.A comprehensive set of manuals is included to provide additional reading including a valuable range of tools, templates and instruments which, in soft copy, are ready for use in participants’ workplaces.Assignments, provided electronically, are completed between sessions and contribute to the overall assessment of the course. Participants will need 10-15 hours for work to be done between each week, often part of their work role. Final submission of work for assessment is usually 12-16 weeks after completion of the workshops.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge. They may manage projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. They have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
- People who manage projects
- Professionals who may require the qualification
- People who wish to improve their skills
- People who wish to follow a career as a Project Manager
- Work with colleagues from across government agencies and the private sector to refresh and develop your skills and energy for project leadership.
- Learn new skills and apply useful models and tools at work.
- Increase your understanding of the critical role of project management in the public and private sector and enhance your opportunities for career progression.
Participants in this program will undertake a work-based project as part of the course assessment requirements, contributing to the employer organisation as they learn.
Once completed, this course further provides participants with a comprehensive set of project management tools and templates for future projects.